I'm Charles Shaughnessy . . . and Here's A Thought for Friday, August 8th, 2014 with guest Martha Madison

And we are off!!  I did my first show on TradioV of "Here's A Thought . . . with Charles Shaughnessy" on Thursday, August 7, 2014.  My delightful first guest was the lovely Martha Madison.  
If you did not get to watch the show live, this is how you can watch each week's show, here on my blog.  Just click on the photo below. By the way, when I ask for your thoughts on each episode, here on the blog page, you could hear them on my show in one of the future #ThrowbackThursday segments! I want you to start a discussion with each other, here in the comments section!


The topic I picked for today's show is: "Has the conversation become very dumb in our culture or are there people who are really wanting to talk?"
SO...what are YOUR thoughts?

Post them here in the comments section.

I'm so excited about this opportunity to interact with all of you and for you to become "Thoughters." It's the next obvious step in broadcast journalism, and I hope you will come along on this adventure with me!

AND ONE MORE THING
. . . I have a Kickstarter campaign that is VERY IMPORTANT to the future of my show. 


Please check it out at this link!  Your donations are truly needed to keep this show on the air, and very much appreciated. You can get some fun gift rewards with your donations.

Cheers! Charlie



Comments

  1. It was wonderful! Entertaining and thought provoking. I really enjoyed it! You are a natural at doing this! I look forward to many ore shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You are off to a great start! I really enjoyed the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #HeresAThought
    While I think that technology and social media are both great...we need to remember that we still need to talk with each other. There are many who go around daily with their heads down looking at their phones, computers, and smart pads. In restaurants you see families where no one is talking because they are absorbed in their phones. We need to learn and teach our children to put down the phones and talk. I would rather talk to my family or friends about what is going on with them and what they think, than to read about it on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The show is really fabulous!! It flowed so well with no glitches, Martha was the perfect guest, and the callers had great questions. I loved how you "set the boundaries" from the starting gate, and ensured that the questions were on topic and relevant!
    Having Fran on as your 2nd guest is brilliant, from both a personal and professional standpoint. As the word spreads, her fans will want to watch, and hopefully head over to Kickstarter when it's over ;) !
    #HeresAThought : How about having Jen Lilley on as a guest, to speak about her work with Children of the Night and other charities? I only discovered her when my friends were sharing her info from DOOL and I am soooo impressed with this young lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to have Jen Lilley on the show. I am also very impressed with her, as a person and as an actress.

      Delete
    2. I love the idea of Jen Lilley as a guest! Great suggestion!

      Delete
  5. Charlie--Enjoyed the show and the opportunity to talk to you and Martha. Looking forward to future shows.

    Tracy--It's also becoming a safety issue. You wouldn't believe how many students walk into doors, walls, and trash cans looking at their phones while walking. The worst, though, was when the kid on a skateboard wiped out while texting. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here are some ideas for #HeresAThought sent from Josiane Zunino Vaulot.
    She asked if I would post them here.
    1. Make haste to live, and consider each day a life.
    Seneca
    CARPE DIEM
    2. I have lived long enough to see that difference engenders hate.
    Stendhal
    Is this statement applicable also in our time?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts