I'm Charles Shaughnessy . . . and Here's A Thought for Wednesday, August 6th, 2014

It's the countdown to my new show "Here's A thought  . . . with Charles Shaughnessy" 


This is a LIVE, call in, radio talk show on the internet, yes that's the WORLD WIDE WEB, but can also be seen and heard on the website or on Livestream in the archives, after it airs.  TradioV? It's RADIO in TV!! Here's one of my thoughts . . .
Charles Shaughnessy here and #HeresAThought ... Can anything ever be completely true, or is everything somewhat relative?

What are YOUR thoughts?

Post them here in the comments section. By the way, when I ask for your thoughts, you could hear them on my show in the future! I'm so excited about this opportunity to interact with all of you and for you to become "Thoughters." It's the next obvious step in broadcast journalism, and I hope you will come along on this adventure with me!

My premiere show is this Thursday, August 7th at 3 pm PST on +TradioV LA and I hope you will join me! I'm delighted that my first guest is Martha Madisonmy colleague and my inspiration for me getting into this! . My show comes on right after Soap Box with Lilly & Martha on TradioV. This week, at Thursday, 2pm PST they will have an all new episode of SoapBox with two-time Emmy winner, Martha Byrne (Lily/ATWT)! photo ©Holland Reid


AND ONE MORE THING . . . I have a Kickstarter campaign that is VERY IMPORTANT to the future of my show.  Please check it out at this link!  Your donations are truly appreciated, and you can get some fun gift rewards with your donations.

Cheers! Charlie

Comments

  1. Only to fools and those in love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, some things are just true, but most statements are colored by the bias of the person speaking. Not everyone's truth is the same! Two people could be speaking the truth, as they see it, yet their statements could be the total opposites of each other. I see this every day in the classroom!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that is absolutely true means that it is independently true for all people, even if they don't acknowledge or know it to be true.
    Relative truth is that it can be true for one person and not for someone else.
    I think religion is an example for both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #HeresAThought! Are people in general, over medicated? do doctors prescibe drugs to easily for the slightest little thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, what Tracy said. There are absolute truths. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, we don't fall off the earth due to gravity, 2+2 always equals 4. And I think that the 10 Commandments are absolute truth too. No relativist comes home to find his house robbed, and says "oh well, it must have seemed right to the burglar". No, he's pissed because it's WRONG. Religious beliefs get murky, because everyone thinks their beliefs are the truth....and someday we'll find out who was right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are three sides to every story, your side, their side, and the truth is somewhere in the middle; memories shared are served to each individually, actions and perceptions shared are served to each individually.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nadia (Les Sables d'Olonne - France)06 August, 2014 22:09

    Well... I will try to share my thoughts in english but I already know I will be limited...
    I think some facts are just true -science for example- but when it comes to human reactions then I would be much more circumspect and balanced! I could use your words : "everything is relativ, there is no absolute"! Because so many of us react at what other say/do/think with bias and subjective points of view! Empathy or at least trying to stand back to understand better or respect, can help to get closer to a common truth...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts