Monday, February 23, 2015

Announcement of the WORLD PREMIERE of Ever After, The Musical at the Paper Mill Playhouse

“EVER AFTER” PAPER MILL PLAYHOUSE MILLBURN, NJ,


Paper Mill Playhouse is presenting the WORLD PREMIERE of this sparkling new musical of EVER AFTER based on the 1998 film starring Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston. Danielle is a strong-willed, independent woman who befriends Leonardo da Vinci and makes her own dreams come true. 


EVER AFTER, THE MUSICAL is choreographed & directed by three-time Tony Award winner 
Kathleen Marshall. Starring two-time Tony Award winner CHRISTINE EBERSOLE 

as the evil Baroness Rodmilla de Ghent,
with CHARLES SHAUGHNESSY as King Francis.

Producer: Paper Mill Playhouse 
Director/Choreographer: Kathleen Marshall 
Book and Lyrics: Marcy Heisler 
Music: Zina Goldrich 
Music Supervisor: Mary-Mitchell Campbell 
Previews begin: May 21 
Opening night is: May 31 
Closing performance is: June 21 



This is no fairy tale.  EVER AFTER sets the record straight on the fable of CINDERELLA. It was never about fairy godmothers, talking mice, or magic pumpkins. Her name was Danielle and it was always about her wit, her smarts, her strength, and her good friend Leonardo da Vinci.  She makes her own dreams come true. Warm and romantic, funny and smart, this is the musical you’ve been waiting for.

Ever After will be performed at Paper Mill Playhouse eight times a week, Wednesday through Sunday. Performance schedule: Wednesday at 7:00pm, Thursday at 1:30pm and 7:00pm, Friday at 7:00pm, Saturday at 1:30pm and 7:00pm and Sunday at 1:30pm and 7:00pm. Tickets are on sale now and range from $28 to $99. Tickets may be purchased by calling 973.376.4343, at the Paper Mill Playhouse Box Office at 22 Brookside Drive in Millburn, or online at www.PaperMill.org


To learn more about this exciting WORLD PREMIERE MUSICAL, at the +Paper Mill Playhouse to buy tickets, or follow the progress of the show, click on any link above or any of the social media links below.


SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS


EVER AFTER THE MUSICAL ON TWITTER





PAPERMILL PLAYHOUSE


CHRISTINE EBERSOLE ON TWITTER
MARCY HEISLER ON TWITTER
ZINA GOLDRICH ON TWITTER
MARCY HEISLER & ZINA GOLDRICH OFFICIAL WEBSITE



18 comments:

  1. Twenty-five miles from my home!! Charlie, I am so thrilled for you, Christine, and the rest of the cast. Our Paper Mill Playhouse is often the ticket to Broadway(as happened recently with Newsies and Honeymoon in Vegas). So excited to have you visit New Jersey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie, I am so thrilled for you! It sounds like a wonderful new show and Christine Ebersole is terrific! This show runs almost up to when My Fair Lady is due to start. Are you still doing that show? It is going to be a very busy summer! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sharon, at this time Charlie is planning on doing My Fair Lady as well. I have an event up on the FB page about MFL and will be posting more information as I get it.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Janelle for letting us know and we will look for updates on MFL as you add them. Thanks Sharon for asking the question. It will be so awesome to see Charlie, my favorite actor in my favorite play.

      Delete
  3. i wonder is charlie doing all three shows next summer like to hear more on this thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Janet, at this time he is planning on doing all three shows! The East coast is going to have him for a long time! I will have something up about Harvey soon as well. (janelle)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh ok thanks charlie and janelle too .

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Harvey,My Fair Lady and Ever After plus Here's A Thought.Good Grief and I though t my job was stressful.He's got me beat for the Summer.Congrats on the full schedule,Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome news! Congrats, Charlie! Promises to be a great show. I won't be able to make it, but, as always, you have my support. Thanks, Janelle, for keeping us up to date on the great things that are going on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonder if thurs days show will still be going be on while charlie is away yep think that's all I need to know for now !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have seen the movie Ever After and I Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was fortunate enough to see Christine Ebersole at the PMP, playing the lead role in my all-time favorite musical "Mame", in 1999. Mame was my very first high school production(Nixon was President), and Christine nailed it. So looking forward to seeing her again, and in such a fun role. So Charlie...I love ya honey, but if you could just move a little to the right so that I can get past you and meet her...that'd be great ;) ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only got to see Christine Ebersole while attending a number of the tapings of the show Sullivan and Son, and her talent was there for all to see! I can imagine how good she was in Mame and I'm sure she will be just as good in this new role. It will be a real treat to have Charlie and Christine together again!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Loved your comment Miss JoAnn I about fell over laughing! Why do I sense a photo bomb with serious bunny ears in your near future!! ;) ;)

      Delete
  11. I just went to see Roger & Hammersteins Cinderella last night and they put a modern twist to the story.They incorporated a scene from Ever After the movie into the Broadway version of the musical.They blended the scene of the library in the University into the show and added a Banquet scene invite to the show.I never knew there was ever a 'BANQUET' in the original story.Has anyone ever seen this show when Fran Did it with Carly and can someone explain that?! Charlie will do Ever after Justice I have no doubt.I have seen My Fair Lady clips and Charlie is revising his role to be even more spectacular,this year.Harvey will be sensational,as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harvey is the one i love to see most of all i haven;t seen that one yet I heard it was wonderful loved the movie i hope many will will come to FLA to see that one maybe i will meet many of charles fans there my fair lady was fantastic who ever go's will love it , i met Roxana williams we had a great time we haven't stop talking sense that time hope to see her there again in jacksonville .

    ReplyDelete

Charles Shaughnessy on YouTube

Loading...

Followers

Charles Shaughnessy visitors

Total Pageviews